Contact Therman Law Offices, LTD today to schedule a free consultation during which we can discuss the facts of your case. If you suffered an injury while you were acting within the course and scope of your employment you need to speak to an experienced workers injury lawyer. A knowledgeable workers injury lawyer can help you obtain the financial compensation you deserve under the workers compensation system. If you need assistance with a claim, you can also speak to a workers injury lawyer Elk Grove, IL residents trust.
Why Should I Retain A Workers Injury Lawyer?
It is important for you to retain a workers injury lawyer so you can avoid having an insurance company or your employer deny your claims. You need to complete the necessary paperwork needed for your workers compensation claim. If you do not retain a workers injury lawyer you may not obtain the financial compensation you deserve. You need to plan with a workers injury lawyer the goals of your representation and what you hope to achieve.
You also do not want to try to deal with insurance companies and employers by yourself without legal representation. Having a workers injury lawyer in Elk Grove, IL on your side will help you avoid missing deadlines or other problems that may complicate your case. When you retain a workers injury lawyer you can rest assured that an experienced professional is making sure that your legal interests are protected.
When Should I File A Work Incident Report?
After you are injured you need to seek immediate medical treatment. Once you are released from your initial medical treatment you need to file a work injury report with your employer. The employer will want to know how the injury occurred, the time the injury happened, and the type of injuries you suffered from as a result of the workplace injury. Once you file a work injury report it will create a record of your injuries and your employer will be less likely to attempt to deny that you were injured while acting within the course and scope of your employment.
Filing a work incident report also sets a timeframe for your case. All subsequent proceedings will be concerned with the timeline of your case. Interested parties such as insurance companies will want to know when you were injured, how you were injured, and the types of injuries you suffered from as a result of the workplace injury. Thus you need to establish a timeline of your injuries early on so you can avoid problems with your workers injury case.
Common Misconceptions About Work Injuries
If you have been hurt on the job, it’s wise to speak with an Elk Grove, IL workers injury lawyer. You may be eligible for compensation. However, you might have heard various untruths about getting hurt at work that are making you reluctant to file a claim.
Here are a few common misconceptions about work injuries that you should not believe.
- If the accident was my fault, I can’t get compensation. This is not true. Fault is not a factor considered in workers’ compensation cases. Therefore, if you got hurt because you were not paying attention, you can still be eligible for benefits. On the other hand, if you get injured while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you won’t be entitled to compensation anymore.
- If my claim is denied, there is nothing else I can do. Unfortunately, workers assume that if their employer rejects their initial workers compensation claim, they’re out of luck. However, even if your initial claim gets denied, you have the option of filing an appeal. These claims can get denied for many different reasons. For example, if your employer does not believe your injury occurred at work or you have a pre-existing condition, they could reject your claim. You may be able to resolve the issue of providing additional information or documentation.
- Workers’ compensation will pay for all of your losses. This is another common myth about getting injured on the job. As an Elk Grove workers injury lawyer can confirm, workers compensation only provides coverage for a portion of your medical expenses and a portion of your lost wages. It does not provide compensation for pain and suffering, emotional distress and other losses. However, if a third-party contributed to the accident, you may be able to file a separate lawsuit and obtain and claim additional losses.
- I can be terminated for filing for workers’ compensation. Some workers may shy away from filing for workers’ compensation because they are worried about getting fired. However, it is illegal for your employer to fire you for pursuing workers’ compensation benefits. If your employer does try to terminate you or retaliate against you in any way, you should consult a lawyer.
- Workers’ compensation does not cover repetitive stress injuries. Another common misconception about workers’ compensation is that it only covers injuries from traumatic accidents. However, it covers all work related injuries, including repetitive stress injuries. Although it may be more difficult to prove these injuries, you are still eligible to receive workers’ compensation.
- Hiring a lawyer is too expensive. If you want to file a workers’ compensation claim, it is in your best interest to hire an Elk Grove workers injury lawyer. However, some workers may be reluctant to hire a lawyer because they assume they can’t afford the fees. The good news is that these lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning they get a percentage of your settlement.
Contact Therman Law Offices, LTD Today To Schedule A Free Consultation
Contact Therman Law Offices, LTD today to schedule a free consultation during which we can discuss the facts of your case. If you suffered personal injury while at your place of employment you need to speak to an experienced workers injury lawyer in Elk Grove, IL. Call (847) 744-8400 to learn more about the legal services we offer. By retaining a workers injury lawyer you are ensuring that your legal rights are protected.