If you need a workers compensation lawyer contact Therman Law Offices, LTD to learn more about the benefits of having a workers’ compensation lawyer Arlington Heights, IL residents have confidence in on your side. Suffering personal injury at your place of employment is a serious issue, and you do not want to handle your workers compensation case without legal representation. Call (847) 744-8400 to learn more about the legal services we offer at Therman Law Offices, LTD.
How Do Accidents Happen At Work?
Accidents can occur at any place of employment. Some injuries are more severe than others, but all workplaces may contain conditions that may cause accidents. Some of the most common workplace injuries that workers’ compensation lawyers in Arlington Heights, IL have seen include the following:
- Workplace fires
- Workplace electrocutions
- Truck accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Vehicle accidents
- Machinery accidents
- Injuries caused by falling objects
- Merchandise accidents
- Accidents caused by dangerous tools
- Chemical exposure
- Repetitive motion stress
- Accidents caused by lifting, lowering, and carrying items
- Accidents caused by trips and falls
What Are The Most Common Workplace Injuries?
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Burn injuries
- Toxic exposure to chemicals
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Fractured bones
- Bulging discs and herniated discs
- Frozen shoulder
- Shoulder injuries
- Knee damage
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Wrist injuries
- Arm injuries
What Benefits Do I Receive If I Am Completely Disabled?
Permanent disability is a serious issue that affects a person’s life for a long period of time. In many jurisdictions a worker is deemed to be permanently disabled if they have suffered:
- Permanent loss of both legs or arms or legs, or one leg and one arm.
- Incurable imbecility
- Incurable insanity
- Permanent paralysis of both legs or both arms
- Permanent paralysis of one leg and one arm
- Loss of both arms or both hands
- Loss of both legs or both feet
- Total and permanent loss of vision in both eyes
What Are The Common Reasons For Denying Workers Compensation Claims?
Employers and insurance companies will attempt to deny a workers compensation claim. Sometimes employers and insurance companies attempt to delay paying a workers compensation claim. The most common reasons for denying workers compensation claims are as follows:
- The employee suffered injury but was not disabled from performing job duties
- The injured worker has recovered and may return to employment
- The employee suffered from a pre-existing injury or condition that was not caused by a workplace accident
- The accident occurred before or after working hours or during a lunch break
- The employee was not acting within the course and scope of employment
Contact Therman Law Offices, LTD To Schedule A Free Consultation
If you need a workers compensation lawyer contact Therman Law Offices, LTD today to schedule a free consultation during which we can discuss the facts of your case. Retaining a workers’ compensation lawyer in Arlington Heights, IL is a serious decision. We have years of experience representing clients who have been injured at their place of employment. Call Therman Law Offices, LTD today at (847) 744-8400 to learn more about the legal services we offer. We are here to help you with your workers compensation case.