If you suffer an injury while acting within the course and scope of your employment you need to focus on retaining a workers’ compensation lawyer Elk Grove, IL residents can count on. When you retain a workers compensation lawyer you are protecting your legal rights. Employers and insurance companies may attempt to deny your claim or delay your case. Contact Therman Law Offices, LTD today to schedule a free consultation. We can discuss the facts of your case and help you obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
What Does A Workers Compensation Lawyer Do?
A workers’ compensation lawyer in Elk Grove, Illinois will represent you in all facets of your workers compensation case. When you retain a workers compensation lawyer that legal professional is obligated to zealously represent you during all phases of your representation. You may have to go before the workers compensation appeals board and you can rest assured that a workers compensation lawyer will represent you during these proceedings.
Workers compensation lawyers also gather the legal paperwork and documentary evidence necessary to establish that you were injured while acting within the course and scope of your employment. Also, the workers compensation lawyer will make sure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries. A legal professional will protect your interests and explain to you any major changes in your case. If you suffered injury while working then you need to understand that some employers and insurance companies may attempt to deny your claim. You need to have a workers compensation lawyer help you focus on obtaining the financial compensation you deserve.
Why Is It So Important For Me To File A Workplace Injury Report?
Filing a workplace injury report after you seek medical treatment for any emergency will help you establish documentary evidence of your injuries. You need to anticipate that your employer and insurance companies may attempt to deny your claims. If you file a workplace injury report it will make it more difficult for the employer or insurance companies to attempt to deny your claims.
You also want to inform your employer of your workplace injury as soon as possible after you suffer injury. You do not want to wait around for weeks or months to report your workplace injury. You should focus on making sure that you can create a clear timeline of your injuries. If you delay and wait to inform your employer of your injuries it may increase the likelihood that your employer will attempt to deny your workers compensation claim.
Contact Therman Law Offices, LTD Today To Schedule A Free Consultation
If you suffered injuries during a workplace accident you need to contact Therman Law Offices, LTD to speak with a workers’ compensation lawyer in Elk Grove, Illinois. You can schedule a free consultation during which you can explain the facts of your case. By retaining a workers compensation lawyer you can ensure that your legal rights will be protected. Call Therman Law Offices, LTD today at (847) 744-8400 to learn more about the legal services we offer. We are here to help you and your family obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
Common Workplace Accidents
If you were injured at work, you may want to speak with an Elk Grove, IL workers’ compensation lawyer. Getting hurt is usually unexpected and can be quite a traumatic experience. Here are the most common workplace accidents that cause injuries.
- Car accidents. Those who drive vehicles as part of their job may be at risk of car accidents. Whether the accident is due to a negligent driver or bad weather, it can lead to serious injuries, like broken bones, traumatic brain injuries and whiplash. If you were in a car accident while driving for work, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
- Falls. Falls are more common in the construction industry and more likely to cause fatal injuries, like traumatic brain injuries. Construction workers can fall from many elevated surfaces, including ladders, roofs and scaffoldings. They reduce their risk of falls by wearing fall protection equipment undergoing safety training.
- Machine entanglement. Workers who are around heavy machinery every day have an increased risk of machine entanglement. They can sustain crushing injuries from entanglement, which can lead to amputation or even death. Workers can protect themselves against entanglement by not wearing loose clothes or jewelry and keeping their hair out of the way.
- Slip and fall accidents. Slip and fall accidents can occur just at just about any type of workplace, from factories to offices. As an Elk Grove workers’ compensation lawyer can confirm, these accidents can happen because of liquid spills, wet floors, clutter, torn carpeting and poor lighting. They can result in broken bones, head injuries, spinal cord injuries and other injuries.
- Struck by objects. Employees can also get hurt if they get hit by objects, whether they fall from above or are thrown against them. For example, if an unsecured object falls from a shelf and hits a worker on the head, he or she could suffer a heady injury. To prevent these types of accidents, materials should always be stacked securely and employees should wear protective equipment.
- Repetitive motion. Repetitive motion injuries tend to occur gradually and are due to excessive repetition of certain tasks. For example, those who work on an assembly line or type for a living are more likely to suffer repetitive motion injuries, which can lead to stiffness, tenderness or tingling in the muscles, ligaments or tendons. If you perform repetitive tasks at work, you can reduce your risk of repetitive motion injuries by taking regular breaks and using ergonomically correct equipment.
- Workplace violence. Unfortunately, as an Elk Grove workers’ compensation lawyer can attest, employees can also get injured because of workplace violence. Although the workplace should always be a safe environment where everyone gets along, it is not always the case. If two employees, for example, get into a physical altercation because of an argument, one or both of them could get seriously hurt. That is why there should be a zero tolerance policy for workplace violence.