If you are wondering whether or not you can see compensation due to an injury that you sustained your best bet is to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. They are going to be able to evaluate your case, and often do this for free. If you want to the point where you think you need a personal injury lawyer but you think you might need one in the future you can also talk to a personal injury lawyer, such as the ones available at the Law Offices of Daniel E Staurt, PA.
Personal injuries you are able to seek compensation for is when someone suffers harm due to another person’s actions. To be compensated, it is up to the injured person to prove that the person was acting irresponsibly and that the injury resulted from the person’s action. This is done first in a claim usually against the defendant insurance company and then if necessary filing a lawsuit. Every case is going to be unique and judged on its own merits but there are a number of causes of personal injury that come up quite often.
Common causes of personal injury cases are listed below, this is not an exhaustive list but merely to give you an idea of causes of these types of injuries:
- Car accidents are the most common type of personal injury case that a personal injury lawyer is going to see. And this is because car accidents are extremely common, there are a lot of people on the road around the roadway at any given point in time on any day.
- Crime victims, victims of assault and battery, sexual abuse or people who were injured due to negligence can sue those who inflicted their injury or those who by the way of negligence allowed them to come to harm. This is another common type of personal injury case, because people are constantly being victims of crime, victims of assault and battery, sexual abuse or general abuse.
- Dog bites are another common cause of personal injury cases, and each state typically has a way of dealing with dog bite cases. Your personal injury lawyer is going to be able to help you understand your state’s laws regarding dog bites.
- Medical malpractice is another common way to see personal injury law cases. Medical malpractice occurs when healthcare professionals make mistakes that are just reckless, he may have a medical malpractice claim if somebody was negligent in their treatment of you or did not do their due diligence according to the standard of care.
- Nursing home abuse or neglect is common because nursing home residents rely on the caregivers and when they are harmed by those caregivers intentionally or to neglect their family should report the situation immediately. This is very common because people in nursing homes may not remember the abuse, they may be too afraid to talk about the abuse or they may not realize the abuse is happening.
Contact a personal injury lawyer today to set up a consultation about your case.