If you suffered personal injuries during a car accident you need to retain a car accident lawyer. Contact Therman Law Offices, LTD today to schedule a free consultation. Retaining a car accident lawyer after you are injured in an automobile accident is one of the best things you can do. A car accident lawyer Arlington Heights, IL residents trust can help you obtain the monetary compensation you deserve. Call (847) 744-8400 to learn more about the legal services we offer.
The Types Of Injuries Caused By Car Accidents
Many different types of injuries are caused by car accidents. Rollover accidents, head-on collisions, and distracted driving accidents can all cause severe bodily injury and death. The following are some of the most common injuries victims suffer during car accidents.
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fractured bones
- Blunt force trauma
- Severe lacerations
- Severe blood loss
- Back injuries
- Internal injuries
- Disfiguring facial injuries
- Amputated limbs
- Neck injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Wrist injuries
- Hand injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Why Is It Important For Me To Retain A Personal Injury Lawyer?
Retaining a personal injury lawyer is one of the most important things you can do after suffering injuries during a car accident. When you retain a personal injury lawyer you have a legal professional who is on your side. You can focus on healing from your injuries while a personal injury lawyer requests medical records, analyzes medical bills, and subpoenas documents. A personal injury lawyer can also negotiate with insurance companies to make sure you receive the financial compensation you deserve.
Also, retaining a car accident lawyer in Arlington Heights, IL is important because the legal system is complex and you likely do not know the rules of procedure by which courts operate. Many distinctions in the legal system will be relevant to your case, and personal injury lawyers have extensive knowledge of both civil law, criminal law, and property. Understanding these rules of law and how they interact means that a personal injury lawyer will be more likely to obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
What Does A Car Accident Lawyer Do?
A car accident lawyer Arlington Heights, IL can count on will represent you and fight for the just compensation you deserve. Initially, a personal injury lawyer can file a complaint on your behalf, and this step is the beginning of a lawsuit. A personal injury lawyer can conduct depositions and answer discovery responses during the discovery phase of litigation. Personal injury lawyers can also propound discovery questions on the other side to seek information about the case. A personal injury lawyer can also negotiate with insurance companies and companies that may be involved with your case.
What Evidence Helps My Case?
Car accidents can be devastating, and injuries may occur because of the recklessness or negligence of another. When this happens, victims may decide to take legal action against the person at-fault. To succeed in a personal injury case, the victim will have to show evidence that proves fault and the extent of their injuries and other losses. As your lawyer may discuss with you, there are a few main types of evidence that you must collect at the scene of the accident and on:
- Photographs: Pictures can speak more loudly than words, especially when trying to prove that your side of the story is the accurate one. It will be imperative that you gather photographs of things like visible injuries, car damage to both vehicles, street signs, debri in the road, and other factors. If your injuries are obvious, take pictures of them at their worst and document how your healing goes. Consider it this way, insurance companies have a harder time denying certain facts about an accident when visible evidence like photos or video is presented.
- Witness Statements: Another element of proof that can help your case is testimonies from witnesses who saw the accident happen. This can be someone you know who was riding in the passenger seat, or a good Samaritan who rushed over to the scene. The court may place more weight into testimonies from unbiased witnesses, however, statements from those who know the victim and saw the accident are better than no witnesses at all. The people you live with, or close loved ones who are observing your recovery, can talk about the extent to which you suffered and were hindered by injuries.
- Police Report: The officer who arrived at the scene will help those in need of medical assistance and will then write a report of what happened beforehand, during, and in the aftermath of the collision. The officer may ask for a statement from you to include in the report, which can work in your favor. Do your best to explain factually how the accident happened through your perspective wihout making assumptions about blame. You can get a copy of this police report in the days to follow.
- Medical Records: If you are pursuing compensation for injuries and damages from the accident, you will need medical documentation from a doctor that describes your injuries. Keep a file of every medical record your doctor gives you, such as prescriptions, diagnostics, treatments, and other visit summaries. Your lawyer may suggest keeping an injury journal to document your recovery process and how much pain or discomfort you experience on a daily basis.
Contact Therman Law Office, LTD To Schedule A Free Consultation
Contact Therman Law Office, LTD today to schedule a free consultation during which we can discuss the facts of your case. Call (847) 744-8400 to learn more about the legal services we offer. We have years of experience representing clients who have suffered injuries during car accidents. Contact Therman Law Office, LTD today.